Allison Stephens is a single mom, a member of the Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents, and a healthcare advocate. She is running for Congress because she understands the real life struggles that Nevada families face every day, because she faces them too.
Allison believes that to change what is wrong in Washington we need to change who is in Washington. We need to send representatives who understand the issues we all face and who represent our values and us. Nevadans can count on Allison to bring real life perspective to Washington and work to bring back common sense solutions that will improve the lives of all Nevadans.Allison believes that:
- We must protect the affordable care act and work to guarantee access to high quality, affordable health care for all.
- Protect Social Security and Medicare, keeping our promises to seniors.
- Strengthen paid family and sick leave policies.
- Demand equal pay for equal work for women.
- Increase workforce training and vocational opportunities.
- Fight for a $15 minimum wage.
But Allison knows none of this will happen if we keep electing the same types of people to Congress. It’s time to bring real life leaders to Washington and a better future home to Nevadans.